Sunday, September 11, 2011

A Bilbao/Getxo Sorta Weekend

Hey all!

Well my first weekend here is drawing to a close, it's only Sunday morning but in risk of my internet not working later I wanted to get a post in before the craze of classes begin again. On Friday we went to a Jai Alai championship game on the other side of town. I had no clue what to expect but it was really neat! For those of you who don't know what it is, I suggest google searching it because although I enjoyed it I never really comprehended the true rules haha It's really fast paced and nothing like I had ever seen before though so a great experience! Yesterday I booked tickets for trips this semester!! We have a week break in December (the 5th - 9th which I find odd since we come home the 17th, but oh well can't complain) so my friend Lauren and I will be flying from Bilbao to London on a Thursday, staying until Monday night, taking a quick ferry ride to Dublin where we will stay until Friday! I'm so excited! We are also going to San Sebastian the last weekend in September (a small beach town 45 minutes from here - my study abroad group set it up, one of the free excursions) and in November we have a few long weekends so Lauren and I are going to use one to go to Sevilla and Cadiz, Spain where her friends are staying (she's going to be my travel buddy because we get along really well and both don't like the drama of planning with others so they can join but we're jumping the gun for now). Oh, and of course we can't forget about PARIS WITH MY MOM in October!!!

Laundry is an all day process here because we only have a washer (not a good one at that) and then you hang dry it on our balcony but there's only room for one person's clothes at a time out there and apparently I slept in too late cuz someone beat me to it. That being said, I guess I'm stuck in a swimsuit today so I'm off to the beach before it gets cold/rainy in a few weeks!







2 comments:

  1. bummer about the laundry - just like your high school swimsuit WEEKS :) Hope the beach is a blast & can't wait to talk to you shortly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hola chica! So happy you are enjoying my favorite part of the world! 45 Minutes to San Sebastian (which is not so small)? Whoa! That used to take at least 3 hours in our time.... haha - OUR time ;-)! No freeway then! So beautiful... enjoy, enjoy! Time goes fast like those super fast pelotas.

    ReplyDelete