Saturday, September 24, 2011

Life As A Spaniard

Well, I succeeded in having a night out like a true Spaniard. Left my friend's apartment at 11pm, got back at 4:30am. Definitely one of the most fun nights of my life, but also not something I could make a routine of. "Art After Dark" at the Guggenheim was absolutely amazing!!! The main lobby area had a live dj playing every kind of music imaginable and all the floors/exhibits were open for us to see! There were people from all over the world so it was really cool to interact with them and at one point we were getting some fresh air outside on the balcony that overlooks the river and a group of French burst out their national anthem. We had no clue what was going on until someone informed us, but it was entertaining nonetheless. Since I knew we were going out after I didn't bring my camera because it's my dad's and I don't want to risk anything happening to it, but I plan on going back during the day so I'll be sure to get pictures because it's quite the magnificent building. After the museum we headed to a club called Fever in Bilbao. I was skeptical because the whole "loud music, crowds, touchy-feely creepers" scene isn't my thing but this was nothing like in America. There were two rooms each playing different music (I've noticed a lot of American music everywhere I go which I find odd since it's a Spanish speaking country) and everyone was just having a really fun, goofy time. I think I'm going to take my second official "siesta" (yesterday was my first after that intense test) and sleep my day away before we venture out in search of a cool new place to have dinner tonight. Adios!

I'm back, thought I'd upload a few pictures from the suspension bridge last week -



3 comments:

  1. Now we're talking. I really think this trip was what all of your Spanish classes and travels across the US had you prepping for. Getting lost in the Denver airport was just a warm up. Glad you're having fun look forward to hearing from you. Love you, Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha that's a good point, never thought of it that way. I'm definitely having a wonderful time and am looking forward to our weekly chat. Love you!

    Also, weekdays are really hectic and my internet rarely works because everyone is on it at the same time so I'm not ignoring the blog, just can only post on weekends.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So enjoyed your post . Again. So happy you're exploring.... everything...! That's what I love about traveling new places: experiencing them is so different from what you heard or saw before you came.

    ReplyDelete