Monday, September 5, 2011

The start of Bilbao/Getxo

Hello all,

So here I am...finally moved in to Getxo (a small city outside of Bilbao). The transition process has not been the best, but I'm hanging in there. Madrid felt like a little vacation, but moving in yesterday hit me hard - realizing that this is officially "home" for the next 15 weeks. My apartment is pretty nice, better than I was expecting. My room is about 1/4 the size of my room at home (mom and dad - my whole room is probably the size of my side of the room in Flagstaff). Yikes. I found a place for everything though so it works. As far as my roommate situation goes, I have 3 of them (all girls). They seem very nice, but are all from the same school so they are rather "clicky". I am making the best of it though, taking it day by day and looking forward to becoming more familiar with the city! Boy is America different. We had orientation today so I have my classes and schedule for the semester (when we have breaks/days off/group trips/etc.) so I'm very excited to get a routine going as I think that will help lessen my culture shock. That's it for now, I'm off to conquer the Basque culture (I hope)!

Adios,
Amanda

4 comments:

  1. Hii Amanda,
    It's me again. Loved your last post, and I'm curious about what classes you are taking, and what your schedule is like. If you have the time (and strength!) do write about this. I think everyone will be interested. Like-- do you have classes conducted in Spanish?
    Glad you are hanging in there.
    Sending love,
    Janey

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey nice job keeping up with the blog. !5 weeks is going to be a blink in time during you lifetime so go out and enjoy every minute. I f you want to post photos here's an easy way. First create a folder on your desk top called blog photos. Put all of the photos you want to post in there. Second, on the page where you create the post on the bar above the body copy next to the ABC icon is a photo icon, on the right side. Click it and hit Browse. Select the Blogphoto folder choose you image and hit Upload Image. That's it. Have fun. love you dad.

    ReplyDelete
  3. SOOO glad we didn't pack more of your stuff - tiny tiny room, but I'm sure you've done wonders with it. Can't wait to hear of your travels around town & just know your directional skills will be amazing by the time you get home - a speed bump you shall conquer! Have an amazing day & thanks for your great blog - highlight of my day! Love ya tons!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful way for us to enjoy your adventure with you without really being there. I'll be looking forward to your blogs. Lots of love, Vicki

    ReplyDelete