Tuesday, September 6, 2011

I figured it out! Visual summary of my past week!

 This is the El Prado Museum that I mentioned in an earlier blog

 This is Plaza Mayor in Madrid which everyone found really cool, but I loved because its picture has been in my Spanish textbooks for years! At night it is a huge hang out area for locals, music and street performers, lots of bars and tapas (appetizers) and restaurants.

 This is the Royal Palace, the one with over 2,000 rooms!

 Here was my first view of Toledo (see why I instantly fell in love??)

Breathtaking Cathedral in Toledo...words cannot accurately describe it, both inside and out.

Jewish Synagogue in Toledo (wonderful interior design, but the guards were iffy about us taking pictures)

2,000 year old aqueduct built by the Romans at the entrance to Segovia (no longer in use but still amazing!)

Cathedral in Segovia, we didn't go in because we had to pay (and didn't want to ruin our previous cathedral experience - we got local dessert instead!)

One of the castles used to inspire Walt Disney!

In case you forgot what I look like :) Just kidding! This is my friend Lauren from Boston who I roomed with at the hotel in Madrid and is staying with a host family in Las Arenas (about a 10 minute metro ride from my apartment).

1 comment: